New York News
Man who chatted with cop says cannibal talk 'all fantasy'
NEW YORK -- A British man who chatted online with a New York City police officer about kidnapping and cooking women says the talk was "all fantasy."
Dale Bolinger spoke briefly with reporters after his arrest in Canterbury, England, where he was being investigated in connection with the ongoing trial of NYPD officer Gilberto Valle.
Valle is accused of conspiring to capture and eat several women. But his lawyers say the supposed plots were all fantasies that he shared with other fetishists, and that he had no intention of ever carrying them out.
Bolinger told newspapers, including the New York Post (http://bit.ly/VUdkos) that none of that talk was real. But he called himself "an idiot" for his behavior.
Valle's trial in New York City is scheduled to resume Monday.
new york city, new york news
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures