New York News
Body in barrel was murder victim, medical examiner rules
HARLEM -- Investigators say the body of a woman found in a 55-gallon drum in a Harlem apartment over the weekend had been stabbed multiple times.
The discovery was made inside a home on 2400 Seventh Ave near West 140th Street over the weekend.
An autopsy determined the woman sustained wounds to the torso, injuring her major organs. The cause of death was ruled a homicide.
Officials are still working to make a positive identification of the body, which they say had been in the barrel for several days and was decomposing.
A young man who lives in the room where the body was found is in police custody and undergoing a psychological exam at St. Luke's Hospital.
Detectives plan to question him about the death, which is preliminarily being investigated as a domestic dispute.
The body was found after the man's grandmother called police about a foul odor coming from the room Saturday night.
new york city, harlem, body found, new york news
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 3 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 57 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 11 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
12 min ago