New York News
New details in alleged hazing incident at Bronx High School of Science
NEW YORK -- There is growing concern that many more people knew about the alleged hazing incident at one of New York City's best high schools.
So far the Athletic Director and two track coaches at Bronx Science have been suspended, and several students on the track team are now facing criminal charges for allegedly bullying a 15 year-old freshman.
Many students at Bronx Science High School have lost patience with the negative publicity of the alleged hazing scandal.
"How can you say that the behavior, until you know it's the truth," said Dylan Small.
Three students were arrested, based on allegations from a freshman track team member who told police he was assaulted and sexual abused by the suspects.
But according to a published report, the Athletic Director, identified as Marion Dietrich, wrote staffers last year about cases of locker room hazing, while assigning staff members to keep watch over locker room activities.
new york city, new york news
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 36 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ