New York News
New details in alleged hazing incident at Bronx High School of Science
NEW YORK -- There is growing concern that many more people knew about the alleged hazing incident at one of New York City's best high schools.
So far the Athletic Director and two track coaches at Bronx Science have been suspended, and several students on the track team are now facing criminal charges for allegedly bullying a 15 year-old freshman.
Many students at Bronx Science High School have lost patience with the negative publicity of the alleged hazing scandal.
"How can you say that the behavior, until you know it's the truth," said Dylan Small.
Three students were arrested, based on allegations from a freshman track team member who told police he was assaulted and sexual abused by the suspects.
But according to a published report, the Athletic Director, identified as Marion Dietrich, wrote staffers last year about cases of locker room hazing, while assigning staff members to keep watch over locker room activities.
new york city, new york news
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list