New York News
New details in alleged hazing incident at Bronx High School of Science
NEW YORK -- There is growing concern that many more people knew about the alleged hazing incident at one of New York City's best high schools.
So far the Athletic Director and two track coaches at Bronx Science have been suspended, and several students on the track team are now facing criminal charges for allegedly bullying a 15 year-old freshman.
Many students at Bronx Science High School have lost patience with the negative publicity of the alleged hazing scandal.
"How can you say that the behavior, until you know it's the truth," said Dylan Small.
Three students were arrested, based on allegations from a freshman track team member who told police he was assaulted and sexual abused by the suspects.
But according to a published report, the Athletic Director, identified as Marion Dietrich, wrote staffers last year about cases of locker room hazing, while assigning staff members to keep watch over locker room activities.
new york city, new york news
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 15 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 14 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar