New York News
Bloomberg looks to lower volume on headphones
NEW YORK -- Mayor Bloomberg's latest health crusade is turning down the volume on headphones.
A new campaign getting launched is warning about permanent hearing loss from loud music played through earbuds.
The health department program will cost about $250,000, paid for by a grant from the fund for public health.
And will likely add to criticism that the mayor is trying to play nanny to New Yorkers.
new york city, new york news
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 6 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage 52 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ