New York News
Bloomberg looks to lower volume on headphones
NEW YORK -- Mayor Bloomberg's latest health crusade is turning down the volume on headphones.
A new campaign getting launched is warning about permanent hearing loss from loud music played through earbuds.
The health department program will cost about $250,000, paid for by a grant from the fund for public health.
And will likely add to criticism that the mayor is trying to play nanny to New Yorkers.
new york city, new york news
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked down 30 min ago
- Splendid spring finale 47 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 36 min ago
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones 26 min ago
- Robbery suspect sought, Villanova U. locked...
30 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
36 min ago