New York News
Benefit held for 3-year-old boy with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
NEW YORK -- A Brooklyn community came together to help the family of a sick child get closer to a cure for their son.
Close to 600 people attended a fundraiser for Pietro Scarso in Mill Basin on Thursday night.
The 3-year-old suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a fatal degenerative condition.
The event raised money for research for treatment and hopefully a cure.
The proceeds from the event will go for medication for Pietro that slows muscular degeneration and new research grants.
For more information please visit: http://www.pietrosfight.org/
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore