New York News
Benefit held for 3-year-old boy with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
NEW YORK -- A Brooklyn community came together to help the family of a sick child get closer to a cure for their son.
Close to 600 people attended a fundraiser for Pietro Scarso in Mill Basin on Thursday night.
The 3-year-old suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a fatal degenerative condition.
The event raised money for research for treatment and hopefully a cure.
The proceeds from the event will go for medication for Pietro that slows muscular degeneration and new research grants.
For more information please visit: http://www.pietrosfight.org/
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub 9 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub 52 min ago
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 55 min ago
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 7 min ago
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park...
9 min ago
- 4 shot outside Delaware nightclub
52 min ago