New York News
Benefit held for 3-year-old boy with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
NEW YORK -- A Brooklyn community came together to help the family of a sick child get closer to a cure for their son.
Close to 600 people attended a fundraiser for Pietro Scarso in Mill Basin on Thursday night.
The 3-year-old suffers from Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, a fatal degenerative condition.
The event raised money for research for treatment and hopefully a cure.
The proceeds from the event will go for medication for Pietro that slows muscular degeneration and new research grants.
For more information please visit: http://www.pietrosfight.org/
new york city, brooklyn, new york news
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 34 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 28 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 4 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser