San Francisco News
San Francisco bids to be host city for Super Bowl
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco is making a bid to be the host city for the Super Bowl in 2016 or 2017 even though the 49ers are moving to Santa Clara.
Mayor Ed Lee has been quietly working with the 49ers to be the host city even though the game would be played at the new stadium in the South bay.
On Tuesday, the league will announce whether San Francisco is among the contenders.
San Francisco would host a myriad of events during the week leading up to the big game.
49ers CEO Jed York reaffirmed on Friday that San Francisco is the team's home.
He says if the 49ers win a Super Bowl, the parade would be on Market Street.
san francisco 49ers, san francisco news
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos