San Francisco News
San Francisco bids to be host city for Super Bowl
SAN FRANCISCO -- San Francisco is making a bid to be the host city for the Super Bowl in 2016 or 2017 even though the 49ers are moving to Santa Clara.
Mayor Ed Lee has been quietly working with the 49ers to be the host city even though the game would be played at the new stadium in the South bay.
On Tuesday, the league will announce whether San Francisco is among the contenders.
San Francisco would host a myriad of events during the week leading up to the big game.
49ers CEO Jed York reaffirmed on Friday that San Francisco is the team's home.
He says if the 49ers win a Super Bowl, the parade would be on Market Street.
san francisco 49ers, san francisco news
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 15 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
15 min ago