Elderly Motorist Drives with Victim in Windshield
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -Oct. 21, 2005 -- A 93-year-old Florida man apparently suffering from dementia probably won't face charges after running down a pedestrian and then driving with the man's body stuck through his windshield.
Police say Ralph Parker was eventually stopped at a toll booth on the Sunshine Skyway in St. Petersburg.
A spokesman for the state attorney's office says Parker didn't appear to know what happened or where he was. The victim has been identified as a 52-year-old man.
Parker's license was renewed in 2003. He had been living alone since his wife died in 1998.
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Shots fired at man sitting on steps in Point Breeze 39 min ago
- Water main break buckles road in South Philly 55 min ago
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Photos: Pictures of bear sightings in the area
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Bicyclist impaled on fence in Fairmount Park
28 min ago