7 U.S. Soldiers Killed in Iraq
BAGHDAD, IRAQ-February 23, 2006 -- A second bombing in Iraq has raised the total of Americans killed yesterday to seven.
A military statement says three members of the Third Heavy Brigade Combat Team of the Fourth Infantry Division died when their vehicle hit a roadside bomb. That blast was near Balad, about 50 miles north of Baghdad.
The military says another four soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division's First Brigade Combat Team died on patral about 150 miles north of Baghdad. Their vehicle also hit a roadside bombe.
(Copyright 2006 by the Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases