Aide: Brazilian family giving up fight for US boy
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) - December 23, 2009 -- An aide to the lawyer of a Brazilian family fighting for custody of a 9-year-old boy says the family has agreed to turn him over to his U.S. father.
The aide to lawyer Sergio Tostes says "it is certain the family will not pursue any more legal channels."
She spoke on condition of anonymity Wednesday because she said she wasn't authorized to discuss the matter.
Tostes referred inquiries to the aide.
Also Wednesday, a federal court ordered the family to hand over the boy by Thursday morning.
The boy has been living in Brazil since 2004.
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police