How to help victims of Haiti earthquake
Links and information to get details about the earthquake rescue efforts, and how you can help!
Donations are being accepted on the website of the "Hope for Haiti Now" telethon.
RELATED LINK:Donate at the "Hope for Haiti Now" website
Cooper Health is requesting crutches for their medical team in Haiti.
You can drop off crutches to the valet at One Cooper Plaza from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Bone and Joint offices on Voorhees, and Newtown Square, Pa.; and in the Marketing Department at 3 Executive Campus in Cherry Hill.
For more information you can go to Cooper Health's website.
Here are ways to help through texting:
Text the word "Yele" to 501501 to donate $5
On behalf of the Yele Foundation, the leading contributor to rebuilding Haiti founded by Wyclef Jean
Text the word "Haiti" to 85944 to donate $5
On behalf of the Rescue Committee
Text the word "Haiti" to 90999 to donate $10
On behalf of the Red Cross in the U.S.
M. Haitian Charity - R & M Haitian Charity Center located in Little Egg Harbor, N.J.
DONATIONS CAN ALSO BE SENT TO:
Haiti Rescue Fund
P.O. Box 12421
Philadelphia, PA 19151
Elise Joseph Foundation
P. O. Box 12595
Philadelphia, PA 19151
Haitian Clergy of Philadelphia
P. O. Box 6775
Philadelphia, PA 19120
Haitian Coalition of Philadelphia
308 Hedgerow Lane
Wyncote, PA 19095
You can help the earthquake victims in Haiti by donating to the American Red Cross:
Help Animal Victims in Haiti
The Salvation Army is currently accepting financial donations through http://www.SalvationArmyPhiladelphia.org or call 1-800-SAL-ARMY
* Yele: Yele Haiti is a movement led byWyclef Jean that is helping to bring hope back to Haiti - You can also text YELE to 501501 to donate $5 via your cell phone
Cooper University Hospital in Camden, N.J. is asking for donations of crutches for both children and adults in Haiti. For more, CLICK on this 6abc.com article.
To ramp up the work, Shoes2Share has done in partnership with an agency that's been helping the poor in Haiti for years. That's why Wampler's newest effort will be called "T.H.E.R.E." for "The Haitian Earthquake Relief Effort." Get more information.
You can get information from official on the scene in Haiti:
You can also visit:
DONATE NOW at http://www.hpphilly.org
Drop off sites:
State Rep. Vanessa Brown Office - 4706 Westminster Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Deliverance Evangelical Church - 2001 West Lehigh Avenue , Philadelphia, PA
The Office of State Senator Leanna M.Washington
1555-A Wadsworth Ave.
Philadelphia PA 19150
Leon H. Sullivan Charitable Trust
5601 Vine Street Unit 9
Philadelphia Pa 19139
The Office of State Representative Dwight Evans
7174 Ogontz Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19138
The Office of State Representative Tony Payton, Jr.
4509 Frankford Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19124
Vivant Art Collections (Monetary donations & Medical Supplies Only)
60 North 2nd Street
Philadelphia PA 19106
* Missing family/relatives: The U.S. State Department Operations Center has set up the following number for Americans seeking information about family members in Haiti: 1-888-407-4747 (due to heavy volume, some callers may receive a recording).
charity, haitian earthquake, red cross, national/world
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 1 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 21 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
21 min ago