Haitian relief telethon to air next Friday
NEW YORK - January 15, 2010 -- MTV is joining the major broadcast networks and several cable channels for an all-star telethon for Haitian earthquake relief on Jan. 22
A statement released by MTV Networks on Friday says "Hope for Haiti" will be shown at 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Networks showing the telethon are ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, BET, the CW, HBO, MTV, VH1 and CMT. It will also be available internationally.
Haitian-born entertainer Wyclef Jean (ZHAHN') will helm the show from New York, and George Clooney will host the Los Angeles part. CNN's Anderson Cooper will be in Haiti.
MTV says there will be musical performances and celebrity appearances. No other talent was announced.
The show will benefit Jean's Yele Haiti Foundation, as well as UNICEF, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, and the Red Cross.
haitian earthquake, haiti, national/world
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police