Haitian relief telethon to air next Friday
NEW YORK - January 15, 2010 -- MTV is joining the major broadcast networks and several cable channels for an all-star telethon for Haitian earthquake relief on Jan. 22
A statement released by MTV Networks on Friday says "Hope for Haiti" will be shown at 8 p.m. Eastern time.
Networks showing the telethon are ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, CNN, BET, the CW, HBO, MTV, VH1 and CMT. It will also be available internationally.
Haitian-born entertainer Wyclef Jean (ZHAHN') will helm the show from New York, and George Clooney will host the Los Angeles part. CNN's Anderson Cooper will be in Haiti.
MTV says there will be musical performances and celebrity appearances. No other talent was announced.
The show will benefit Jean's Yele Haiti Foundation, as well as UNICEF, Oxfam America, Partners in Health, and the Red Cross.
haitian earthquake, haiti, national/world
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Steamy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Butkovitz an early winner as Pa. primary ballots are tallied 29 min ago
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Man critically wounded by gunfire in Wilmington
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished