Travolta lands in Haiti piloting relief supplies
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - January 26, 2010 -- John Travolta has landed his own jet in Haiti carrying relief supplies and a team including doctors and Scientology ministers.
The 55-year-old actor flew the Boeing 707 from Florida on Monday carrying 4 tons of ready-to-eat military rations and medical supplies for earthquake victims.
Among those accompanying Travolta is his wife, actress Kelly Preston.
The Church of Scientology says the pair planned to return home after unloading their passengers and supplies.
haiti, earthquake, haitian earthquake, john travolta, national/world
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 40 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Nurse assaulted at Cooper University Hospital 16 min ago
- Off-duty police officer hit by car in Logan 18 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion 10 min ago
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson
- Penn State penalities from Sandusky case argued
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa.
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
40 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home...
10 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos