Prosecutors: Andrews' stalker had other victims
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 9, 2010 -- The man who stalked ESPN reporter Erin Andrews and shot nude videos of her through a hotel room peephole videotaped 16 other women and ran background checks on 30 people, including female sports reporters and TV personalities, according to court documents.A sentencing memo filed Monday in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles says Michael Barrett uploaded videos of 16 other women to an online account.
Barrett also allegedly conducted 30 Internet background checks that can produce birthdays and home addresses, the document said.
The filing did not name the other alleged victims or say what information he obtained or how he may have used it.
Barrett has pleaded guilty to interstate stalking and agreed to a 27-month prison sentence.
The filing noted that Andrews wants the 48-year-old insurance executive from the Chicago area to pay her about $335,000 in restitution.
Prosecutors claim that 32 videos provided by DailyMotion.com show Barrett "victimized approximately 16 other women in almost precisely the same way that he victimized" Andrews. They did not identify the women.
At a December hearing, Barrett admitted renting hotel rooms next to Andrews three times and shooting two videos of her while she was naked. He was accused of posting the videos online and trying to sell them to Los Angeles-based celebrity gossip site TMZ last year.
Andrews testified that Barrett's actions had a devastating impact on her and her family because she is constantly reminded that his videos appeared online and subjected her to cruel taunts from sports fans when she works as a sideline reporter.
Her attorney has said she did not agree to the sentence outlined in the plea bargain and will address the court again before Barrett's scheduled sentencing on March 8.
california, los angeles, espn, erin andrews, national/world
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly 15 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos