Former Madoff operations exec arrested
NEW YORK - February 25, 2010 -- The FBI says it has arrested the former operations director for Bernard Madoff Investment Securities.
FBI spokesman James Margolin says 63-year-old Daniel Bonventre was arrested early Thursday at his Manhattan home.
The U.S. attorney's office says he is charged with conspiracy, securities fraud, and tax crimes. Bonventre was expected to appear in court later in the day.
Madoff is serving a 150-year prison sentence. He admitted cheating investors out of billions of dollars through an investment Ponzi scheme.
The name of Bonventre's attorney was not immediately known.
new york city, bernard madoff, national/world
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief