Former Madoff operations exec arrested
NEW YORK - February 25, 2010 -- The FBI says it has arrested the former operations director for Bernard Madoff Investment Securities.
FBI spokesman James Margolin says 63-year-old Daniel Bonventre was arrested early Thursday at his Manhattan home.
The U.S. attorney's office says he is charged with conspiracy, securities fraud, and tax crimes. Bonventre was expected to appear in court later in the day.
Madoff is serving a 150-year prison sentence. He admitted cheating investors out of billions of dollars through an investment Ponzi scheme.
The name of Bonventre's attorney was not immediately known.
new york city, bernard madoff, national/world
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more