Obama heads overseas to sign arms treaty
WASHINGTON - April 7, 2010 -- President Barack Obama has overseas travel plans Wednesday.
After a morning meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and the usual daily briefings, Obama leaves the White House in the evening for Andrews Air Force Base. He'll fly from there to Prague, Czech Republic, to sign a new arms reduction agreement with Russia.
It replaces the 1991 Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty, or START, agreement.
president barack obama, russia, nuclear weapon, national/world
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 29 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School 40 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 53 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
29 min ago