Woman gets prison for sex with birth son
PONTIAC, Mich. (AP) - July 13, 2010 -- A Detroit-area woman who pleaded guilty to having sex with the biological son she gave up for adoption and later tracked down on the Internet has been sentenced nine years to 30 years in prison.
Thirty-six-year-old Aimee L. Sword of Waterford Township apologized at her sentencing Monday in Oakland County Circuit Court. She had pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in a deal with prosecutors.
Police say Sword used Facebook in 2008 to find her son, who's now 16. She gave him up for adoption as an infant.
He testified they had sex in Waterford Township and Grand Rapids.
Waterford Township is 30 miles northwest of Detroit.
michigan, sex assault, child sex assault, adoption, national/world
- Video: Chris Sowers with storm update 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash 13 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 34 min ago
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
56 min ago