Inmate in U.S. manhunt has Pa. criminal record
HELENA, Mont. - August 11, 2010 -- An escaped Arizona inmate and his fiancee may now be in northwest Arkansas and are suspects in an armed robbery, the U.S. Marshal's Service said.An Arizona prisoner whose escape has triggered a national manhunt has a Pennsylvania criminal record for convenience store robberies in Lancaster County.
John McCluskey served 14 years in Pennsylvania state prisons for a string of crimes in April 1992. He was paroled to a halfway house three years ago.
Court records show he pleaded guilty in January 1993 to three counts of robbery, assault, conspiracy and other charges.
Authorities say McCluskey and his fiancee Casslyn Welch are suspects in an armed robbery of a business in Arkansas on Wednesday morning.
McCluskey and two other inmates escaped from an Arizona prison on July 30. Authorities say forensic evidence has linked McCluskey, Welch and one of the other men to the deaths of a couple in New Mexico.
The other two inmates have been recaptured.
canada, montana, pennsylvania, lancaster county, national/world
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos