Inmate in U.S. manhunt has Pa. criminal record
HELENA, Mont. - August 11, 2010 -- An escaped Arizona inmate and his fiancee may now be in northwest Arkansas and are suspects in an armed robbery, the U.S. Marshal's Service said.An Arizona prisoner whose escape has triggered a national manhunt has a Pennsylvania criminal record for convenience store robberies in Lancaster County.
John McCluskey served 14 years in Pennsylvania state prisons for a string of crimes in April 1992. He was paroled to a halfway house three years ago.
Court records show he pleaded guilty in January 1993 to three counts of robbery, assault, conspiracy and other charges.
Authorities say McCluskey and his fiancee Casslyn Welch are suspects in an armed robbery of a business in Arkansas on Wednesday morning.
McCluskey and two other inmates escaped from an Arizona prison on July 30. Authorities say forensic evidence has linked McCluskey, Welch and one of the other men to the deaths of a couple in New Mexico.
The other two inmates have been recaptured.
canada, montana, pennsylvania, lancaster county, national/world
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash 50 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar 40 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash 26 min ago
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 7 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Fla
48 min ago
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
50 min ago
- Water main break forces evacuation of...
40 min ago
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
26 min ago