Britain's Prince Harry celebrates 26th birthday
LONDON - September 15, 2010 -- Prince Harry is 26 - and like many 20-somethings, he is working on his birthday.
The redheaded Harry, known in the military as Lt. Harry Wales, is in training to become an Apache attack helicopter pilot in Britain's Army Air Corps. He began an eight-month course in July and has repeatedly said he hopes to get back to the front lines in Afghanistan.
Harry served as a battlefield air controller in the country's restive southern Hemland province during a secret 10-week tour in 2007 and 2008.
A spokeswoman in Harry's office at St. James' Palace said Wednesday the prince would be continuing his training on his birthday.
Harry is the younger son of Prince Charles and Diana, Princess of Wales, and third in line to the British throne.
prince harry, england, national/world
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 45 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 47 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 56 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 46 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
45 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
47 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
56 min ago