Mom arrested after girls tape and post brawl
PALMETTO, Fla. - September 24, 2010 (WPVI) -- A Florida mom was arrested, after allegedly egging her daughter on in a fight, instead of breaking it up.
Police based the child abuse arrest on a video of the fight posted on YouTube.
The planned fight happened between two 16 year old girls at a remote location off campus.
Investigators say the video posted on YouTube is bad enough, even before you hear a woman cheering for her daughter. At one point orders her daughter not to stop!
Investigators with the Manatee County Sheriff's Office charged the mother, 39-year-old April Newcomb.
Newcomb was booked into the Manatee County jail, while investigators say the students involved could face disciplinary action.
According to the arrest affidavit, the mother in the case admitted to detectives that what she did was wrong, but that that fight was going to happen one way or the other. She told them she originally showed up trying to make sure her daughter didn't get hurt.
florida, fight, youtube, national/world
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police