Mom arrested after girls tape and post brawl
PALMETTO, Fla. - September 24, 2010 (WPVI) -- A Florida mom was arrested, after allegedly egging her daughter on in a fight, instead of breaking it up.
Police based the child abuse arrest on a video of the fight posted on YouTube.
The planned fight happened between two 16 year old girls at a remote location off campus.
Investigators say the video posted on YouTube is bad enough, even before you hear a woman cheering for her daughter. At one point orders her daughter not to stop!
Investigators with the Manatee County Sheriff's Office charged the mother, 39-year-old April Newcomb.
Newcomb was booked into the Manatee County jail, while investigators say the students involved could face disciplinary action.
According to the arrest affidavit, the mother in the case admitted to detectives that what she did was wrong, but that that fight was going to happen one way or the other. She told them she originally showed up trying to make sure her daughter didn't get hurt.
florida, fight, youtube, national/world
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness