A Lincoln Center venue has bedbugs
NEW YORK (AP) - October 14, 2010 -- Lincoln Center has some unwelcome patrons: bedbugs.
New York City's pre-eminent performing arts center made the discovery in a dressing room of its David H. Koch Theater. It's the home of the New York City Ballet and the New York City Opera.
The theater is currently dark. The opera's fall season opens Oct. 27. The ballet company last occupied the building on Sunday.
Spokeswoman Maggie McKeon confirmed the outbreak. It was first reported online on Wednesday by the New York Observer. It cited an Oct. 8 e-mail from the theater's managing director Mark Heiser. He said treatment to rid the theater of the tiny pests was under way.
The bugs have been discovered in theaters, clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments throughout the city.
new york, bedbugs, national/world
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 17 min ago
- Shower In Spots 9 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- No Triple Crown: Oxbow upsets Orb at Preakness
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
17 min ago
- Shower In Spots
9 min ago