2nd Lincoln Center venue has bedbugs
NEW YORK (AP) - October 14, 2010 -- It's nothing to sing about. Lincoln Center says it has detected bedbugs at the complex's opera house.
But there's some good news: they're not in any public areas.
New York City's pre-eminent performing arts center earlier had reported that the pesky bugs were detected in a dressing room of its David H. Koch Theater. That's the home of the New York City Ballet and the New York City Opera.
That prompted the Metropolitan Opera to conduct a check. It found bedbugs in some isolated areas but not in any public areas.
The Met says there's no infestation and the areas will be treated Friday.
Bedbugs have been discovered in clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments throughout the city.
Information from: The Wall Street Journal
new york, bedbugs, national/world
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 22 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 12 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
12 min ago