2nd Lincoln Center venue has bedbugs
NEW YORK (AP) - October 14, 2010 -- It's nothing to sing about. Lincoln Center says it has detected bedbugs at the complex's opera house.
But there's some good news: they're not in any public areas.
New York City's pre-eminent performing arts center earlier had reported that the pesky bugs were detected in a dressing room of its David H. Koch Theater. That's the home of the New York City Ballet and the New York City Opera.
That prompted the Metropolitan Opera to conduct a check. It found bedbugs in some isolated areas but not in any public areas.
The Met says there's no infestation and the areas will be treated Friday.
Bedbugs have been discovered in clothing stores, office buildings, housing projects and posh apartments throughout the city.
Information from: The Wall Street Journal
new york, bedbugs, national/world
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 11 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 28 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 13 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 32 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
6 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
13 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
32 min ago