Pa. man recovering after Wyo. grizzly bear attack
DUBOIS, Wyo. (AP) - October 16, 2010 -- A grizzly in Wyoming attacked a Pennsylvania elk hunter, leaving the man with bite injuries to the face, arm and top of the head that required surgery.
Wyoming Game and Fish bear management supervisor Mark Bruscino says the man was hunting Wednesday northwest of Dubois when he encountered the bear about 10 yards away.
Bruscino says the hunter, whose name was not released, fired a shot but likely missed.
The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports the man had surgery Thursday to repair broken bones in his face.
It was the third bear attack on a hunter this year in Wyoming. Earlier this month, a hunter west of Cody killed a grizzly that bit him in the arm.
Information from: Jackson Hole News And Guide, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com
pennsylvania, wyoming, bear attack, national/world
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch 43 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- United Airlines outage delays some travelers at PHL 12 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7