Pa. man recovering after Wyo. grizzly bear attack
DUBOIS, Wyo. (AP) - October 16, 2010 -- A grizzly in Wyoming attacked a Pennsylvania elk hunter, leaving the man with bite injuries to the face, arm and top of the head that required surgery.
Wyoming Game and Fish bear management supervisor Mark Bruscino says the man was hunting Wednesday northwest of Dubois when he encountered the bear about 10 yards away.
Bruscino says the hunter, whose name was not released, fired a shot but likely missed.
The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports the man had surgery Thursday to repair broken bones in his face.
It was the third bear attack on a hunter this year in Wyoming. Earlier this month, a hunter west of Cody killed a grizzly that bit him in the arm.
Information from: Jackson Hole News And Guide, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com
pennsylvania, wyoming, bear attack, national/world
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility 29 min ago
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia