Pa. man recovering after Wyo. grizzly bear attack
DUBOIS, Wyo. (AP) - October 16, 2010 -- A grizzly in Wyoming attacked a Pennsylvania elk hunter, leaving the man with bite injuries to the face, arm and top of the head that required surgery.
Wyoming Game and Fish bear management supervisor Mark Bruscino says the man was hunting Wednesday northwest of Dubois when he encountered the bear about 10 yards away.
Bruscino says the hunter, whose name was not released, fired a shot but likely missed.
The Jackson Hole News & Guide reports the man had surgery Thursday to repair broken bones in his face.
It was the third bear attack on a hunter this year in Wyoming. Earlier this month, a hunter west of Cody killed a grizzly that bit him in the arm.
Information from: Jackson Hole News And Guide, http://www.jhnewsandguide.com
pennsylvania, wyoming, bear attack, national/world
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 44 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 19 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 19 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's