Ticket bought at Michigan porn shop worth $129M
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - November 12, 2010 -- A group of Michigan friends and family is obscenely rich after winning a $129 million jackpot with a lottery ticket bought at a porn shop.
Mike Greer, a member of the group, came forward Friday to claim the Powerball winnings on behalf of the others, who remained anonymous. Greer - who said only that the group has more than two members and fewer than 100 - indicated some of the money will be going to a church.
"The only thing I can assume is that the Lord trusted us to do certain things with the money that He bestowed upon us," he said. "That's the only thing that I can gather."
Greer said he didn't buy the ticket himself and doesn't know whether it was purchased inside the Uptown Bookstore or at its outside, walk-up lottery window. And he said the group's members don't particularly care.
Many customers of the adult bookstore in a depressed section of Highland Park near Detroit buy their lottery tickets without setting foot inside the place and getting an eyeful of its X-rated videos and magazines.
michigan, lottery, pornography, national/world
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos