Ticket bought at Michigan porn shop worth $129M
LANSING, Mich. (AP) - November 12, 2010 -- A group of Michigan friends and family is obscenely rich after winning a $129 million jackpot with a lottery ticket bought at a porn shop.
Mike Greer, a member of the group, came forward Friday to claim the Powerball winnings on behalf of the others, who remained anonymous. Greer - who said only that the group has more than two members and fewer than 100 - indicated some of the money will be going to a church.
"The only thing I can assume is that the Lord trusted us to do certain things with the money that He bestowed upon us," he said. "That's the only thing that I can gather."
Greer said he didn't buy the ticket himself and doesn't know whether it was purchased inside the Uptown Bookstore or at its outside, walk-up lottery window. And he said the group's members don't particularly care.
Many customers of the adult bookstore in a depressed section of Highland Park near Detroit buy their lottery tickets without setting foot inside the place and getting an eyeful of its X-rated videos and magazines.
michigan, lottery, pornography, national/world
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend 45 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- More cases dismissed against fmr. Phila. cop 9 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Cab driver shot outside N. Phila. after-hours club
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
45 min ago