Mom, dad, 2 kids found shot dead in western Pa.
ERIE, Pa. (AP) - November 15, 2010 -- Police in western Pennsylvania say a mother, father and two of their children have been found shot to death in a home.
Erie police say they were called to the home at about 11 a.m. Saturday. Lt. Tom Eberlein says two adults and their two children, ages 4 and 7, were found dead of gunshot wounds. A 2-year-old child was taken to the hospital with wounds believed to be non-life-threatening.
Eberlein says the bodies were found in the father's home. He doesn't believe the mother was living there.
The names of the victims are not being released until family is notified.
Eberlein says the case is being investigated as a possible murder-suicide.
Erie is located on the banks of Lake Erie about 25 miles east of the Ohio border.
erie, pennsylvania, shooting, national/world
- Arctic Blast and Possible Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- $344M Mega Millions numbers drawn
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)