Man, 5-year-old girl killed in Wyo. ski collision
CASPER, Wyo. (AP) - December 25, 2010 -- Authorities say two people have died and one is injured after a man on a snowboard collided with a woman and her daughter on skis at a Wyoming ski area.
The Casper Star-Tribune reports that the 22-year-old man and the 5-year-old girl were pronounced dead at a Casper hospital after the collision Friday at the Hogadon Ski Area. The mother has been hospitalized but her condition and injuries weren't available.
No names have been released.
Natrona County sheriff's Lt. Mark Sellers says the mother and girl were stopped on a ski run when the snowboarder collided with them.
The ski area was closed Saturday for Christmas. A telephone message left by The Associated Press wasn't immediately returned. ---
Information from: Casper Star-Tribune - Casper, http://www.trib.com
wyoming, accident, national/world
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 30 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 59 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 58 min ago
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer 56 min ago
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car 55 min ago
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 53 min ago
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
30 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
59 min ago