Dump truck falls into giant sinkhole
HOUSTON - February 8, 2011 -- A city of Houston dump truck fell into a giant sinkhole Tuesday morning in southwest Houston.
Initial reports say the truck was carrying gravel to repair potholes when the road fell out beneath the truck on Balmforth at Dumfries near Godwin Park.
A chopper from KTRK-TV in Houston was over the scene and the back of the truck could be seen in the sinkhole with the front end sticking up in the air.
The streets were blocked off as crews worked to free the truck.
texas, houston, national/world
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 44 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally