Haynesworth formally charged with assault
RESTON, Va. (AP) - February 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- Washington Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth has been formally charged with misdemeanor assault stemming from a road rage incident earlier this month.
Fairfax County police say the 29-year-old Haynesworth and his attorney appeared at a police station Saturday morning. Haynesworth signed a summons warrant charging him with assault and left.
He's scheduled to appear in court on March 31.
The encounter that led to the charge occurred on Feb. 2. Police said a 38-year-old man told investigators he was assaulted by the driver of a pickup truck who was tailgating him. The driver was later identified as Haynesworth.
Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, has said the player is innocent and that his accuser is seeking fame and money.
washington redskins, assault, national/world
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken 30 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 56 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
30 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
56 min ago