Attorney: Edwards is deposed in sex tape lawsuit
RALEIGH, N.C. - February 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for a former John Edwards aide says the two-time presidential candidate from North Carolina has given sworn statements in a lawsuit over a purported sex tape.
Robert Elliot says Edwards was deposed last week as part of a dispute between former Edwards aide Andrew Young and Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter. Elliot would not discuss the content of the testimony.
A judge said last year he didn't want the details discussed publicly and warned both sides there could be repercussions if the material is talked about outside of the case.
Hunter has sued Young to reclaim materials, including a video that Young has said depicts a sexual encounter involving Edwards and a woman he assumes to be Hunter. Young contends the tape was found amid trash that Hunter left behind in a home he was renting.
north carolina, john edwards, national/world
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases