Attorney: Edwards is deposed in sex tape lawsuit
RALEIGH, N.C. - February 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for a former John Edwards aide says the two-time presidential candidate from North Carolina has given sworn statements in a lawsuit over a purported sex tape.
Robert Elliot says Edwards was deposed last week as part of a dispute between former Edwards aide Andrew Young and Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter. Elliot would not discuss the content of the testimony.
A judge said last year he didn't want the details discussed publicly and warned both sides there could be repercussions if the material is talked about outside of the case.
Hunter has sued Young to reclaim materials, including a video that Young has said depicts a sexual encounter involving Edwards and a woman he assumes to be Hunter. Young contends the tape was found amid trash that Hunter left behind in a home he was renting.
north carolina, john edwards, national/world
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief