Attorney: Edwards is deposed in sex tape lawsuit
RALEIGH, N.C. - February 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- An attorney for a former John Edwards aide says the two-time presidential candidate from North Carolina has given sworn statements in a lawsuit over a purported sex tape.
Robert Elliot says Edwards was deposed last week as part of a dispute between former Edwards aide Andrew Young and Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter. Elliot would not discuss the content of the testimony.
A judge said last year he didn't want the details discussed publicly and warned both sides there could be repercussions if the material is talked about outside of the case.
Hunter has sued Young to reclaim materials, including a video that Young has said depicts a sexual encounter involving Edwards and a woman he assumes to be Hunter. Young contends the tape was found amid trash that Hunter left behind in a home he was renting.
north carolina, john edwards, national/world
- Boy killed in Chester accident ID'd
- Unsettled to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Woman pulled from Phila. collapse loses both legs
- Committee sets hearings on demolitions in Phila.
- Video: Dash cam view of Lindenwold school bus crash
- Photos: Pictures of damage from Monday's storms
- Multi-alarm fire at titanium plant in Berks
- Girl, 4, dies after crash that killed father
- Burlington taxi driver death ruled homicide, victim ID'd
- Photos: 7 arrests in Phila. prostitution cases
- Automatic renewal contracts
- Tracy ties it in 9th, but Phils win in bottom half