Fiery explosion in Minneapolis; no injuries
MINNEAPOLIS - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say a fiery blast in south Minneapolis was a natural gas line explosion, and there are no known injuries.
Assistant Fire Chief Cherie Penn says people are still being evacuated from the area, but describes the evacuations as precautionary.
Penn says the gas has been shut off.
The blast happened Thursday morning in front of a Cub Foods store in an area that is a mix of residential and industrial.
minnesota, explosion, national/world
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies