Fiery explosion in Minneapolis; no injuries
MINNEAPOLIS - March 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say a fiery blast in south Minneapolis was a natural gas line explosion, and there are no known injuries.
Assistant Fire Chief Cherie Penn says people are still being evacuated from the area, but describes the evacuations as precautionary.
Penn says the gas has been shut off.
The blast happened Thursday morning in front of a Cub Foods store in an area that is a mix of residential and industrial.
minnesota, explosion, national/world
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 49 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 12 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in...
49 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
20 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
29 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
38 min ago