Former Haitian president returns from exile
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide is getting celebrity treatment following his arrival in Haiti after seven years in exile.
A small crowd of journalists, dignitaries, airport workers and former members of his security team mobbed Aristide as soon as he descended the steps of the small plane that carried him from South Africa on Friday. He waved and blew a kiss to the crowd, but made no statement before entering a VIP lounge inside the airport terminal. His wife, Mildred, wept.
Hundreds of people gathered outside the airport waving flags and photos of Aristide.
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Red Flag Warnings Posted 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 50 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 35 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 50 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police