Former Haitian president returns from exile
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide is getting celebrity treatment following his arrival in Haiti after seven years in exile.
A small crowd of journalists, dignitaries, airport workers and former members of his security team mobbed Aristide as soon as he descended the steps of the small plane that carried him from South Africa on Friday. He waved and blew a kiss to the crowd, but made no statement before entering a VIP lounge inside the airport terminal. His wife, Mildred, wept.
Hundreds of people gathered outside the airport waving flags and photos of Aristide.
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 27 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
57 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos