Former Haitian president returns from exile
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - March 18, 2011 (WPVI) -- Former President Jean-Bertrand Aristide is getting celebrity treatment following his arrival in Haiti after seven years in exile.
A small crowd of journalists, dignitaries, airport workers and former members of his security team mobbed Aristide as soon as he descended the steps of the small plane that carried him from South Africa on Friday. He waved and blew a kiss to the crowd, but made no statement before entering a VIP lounge inside the airport terminal. His wife, Mildred, wept.
Hundreds of people gathered outside the airport waving flags and photos of Aristide.
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders 25 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera 7 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Man critically injured in hit-and-run in SW Philly
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote 46 min ago
- Co-host of HGTV show killed in motorcycle crash
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion