WTO rules US aid to Boeing is illegal
GENEVA - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The World Trade Organization has ruled that some U.S. government aid to aircraft maker Boeing Co. is illegal.
The WTO's report details findings first issued in private to the EU and U.S. in January.
It says the EU has demonstrated the U.S. gave Boeing "export subsidies that are prohibited" and recommends the U.S. either withdraw them or "take steps to remove the adverse affects."
The report is based on an EU complaint and the dispute will likely next go to a WTO appeals panel.
The Geneva-based trade body also has faulted European governments for illegally supporting local aircraft maker Airbus, a unit of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co.
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 59 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 54 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 34 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Photos: The Headhouse District's Winter Wonderland
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
34 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
59 min ago