WTO rules US aid to Boeing is illegal
GENEVA - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The World Trade Organization has ruled that some U.S. government aid to aircraft maker Boeing Co. is illegal.
The WTO's report details findings first issued in private to the EU and U.S. in January.
It says the EU has demonstrated the U.S. gave Boeing "export subsidies that are prohibited" and recommends the U.S. either withdraw them or "take steps to remove the adverse affects."
The report is based on an EU complaint and the dispute will likely next go to a WTO appeals panel.
The Geneva-based trade body also has faulted European governments for illegally supporting local aircraft maker Airbus, a unit of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co.
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing 13 min ago
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church 16 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies 25 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE 51 min ago
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7 45 min ago
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown...
16 min ago
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings...
25 min ago