WTO rules US aid to Boeing is illegal
GENEVA - March 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The World Trade Organization has ruled that some U.S. government aid to aircraft maker Boeing Co. is illegal.
The WTO's report details findings first issued in private to the EU and U.S. in January.
It says the EU has demonstrated the U.S. gave Boeing "export subsidies that are prohibited" and recommends the U.S. either withdraw them or "take steps to remove the adverse affects."
The report is based on an EU complaint and the dispute will likely next go to a WTO appeals panel.
The Geneva-based trade body also has faulted European governments for illegally supporting local aircraft maker Airbus, a unit of European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co.
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 21 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 40 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 11 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
11 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos