House GOP meeting on budget talks
WASHINGTON (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Republican leaders have called the party's House rank and file to a highly unusual late night meeting in the Capitol to discuss budget negotiations with President Barack Obama and Senate Democrats.
The meeting comes about three two hours before a midnight deadline to avoid the first government shutdown in 15 years.
Texas Rep. Jeb Hensarling says that at this point there is no deal.
But negotiators have been exchanging offers all day.
government shutdown, washington, d.c., republicans, national/world
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Teen shot in Wilmington 28 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition