House GOP meeting on budget talks
WASHINGTON (AP) - April 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Republican leaders have called the party's House rank and file to a highly unusual late night meeting in the Capitol to discuss budget negotiations with President Barack Obama and Senate Democrats.
The meeting comes about three two hours before a midnight deadline to avoid the first government shutdown in 15 years.
Texas Rep. Jeb Hensarling says that at this point there is no deal.
But negotiators have been exchanging offers all day.
government shutdown, washington, d.c., republicans, national/world
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 11 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 9 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 14 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
45 min ago