Protective order extended against Palin stalker
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) - April 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin has won another protective order against a Pennsylvania man accused of stalking the 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate and her family.
A magistrate in Anchorage issued the 20-day order against Shawn Christy, 19, of McAdoo, Pa., and set a May court date for Palin and other plaintiffs who also are seeking an extended six-month order.
Palin testified by phone during a hearing last week that Christy has become more brazen in his threats and her family was worried about him.
Palin also said she had learned that Christy traveled to Alaska on her birthday in February.
Police in Wasilla, where the Palins live, did not return a call asking if Christy was under investigation.
Palin, her father Chuck Heath and her friend Kristan Cole also want protective orders against Christy's parents, Craig and Mary Karen Christy.
However, Cole's request for a protective order against Mary Karen Christy was denied.
"All they want to be is left alone," said attorney John Tiemessen, who represents Palin. "We've repeatedly asked the Christys if they would just quit bothering the Palins, the Heaths and the Coles, and they refuse to do so."
There were no telephone listings in McAdoo, Pa., for any of the Christys, and they could not be reached for comment Friday. It was unclear if they have an attorney.
Chuck Heath testified that Shawn Christy and his father have called his Wasilla home many times. Craig Christy continues to call, "ranting and raving," and asking what Heath was going to do about Shawn Christy having an affair with Palin.
"I simply hang up on him," Heath said.
Palin obtained a six-month restraining order last year after claiming Shawn Christy threatened her and her family, said he was buying a one-way ticket to Alaska, and sent a receipt for a gun purchase.
That order was about to expire.
sarah palin, alaska, stalking, national/world
- Photos: Pictures of Wawa car theft suspects 6 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout 57 min ago
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Sunoco moving to Delco, Citibank leaving Philly
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor