Divers resume search in NY serial killer probe
OAK BEACH, N.Y. - April 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police divers are resuming a search for evidence in the case of a possible serial killer on New York's Long Island.
A Suffolk County police spokeswoman says the divers will be searching off Oak Beach on Wednesday.
The FBI, state and local police have been investigating since 10 sets of remains were found along Ocean Parkway near Oak Beach.
The first four were found in December. Remains were found in six other locations in recent weeks, although police have not official linked them to those found in December.
Police found the first remains while investigating the disappearance of a New Jersey prostitute last seen in Oak Beach a year ago. She has not been found.
The FBI has supplied surveillance aircraft to help scour miles of thick oceanfront underbrush.
Information from: Newsday
new york, serial killer, homicide, national/world
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Accident causes delays on I-95 N near Cottman in Tacony 31 min ago
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra