NC judge orders documents released in Edwards case
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -April 29, 2011 (WPVI) -- A North Carolina judge has ordered the release of some documents in a lawsuit filed by the mistress of former presidential candidate John Edwards.
The documents are in the lawsuit Rielle Hunter filed against former campaign aide Andrew Young over a sex tape described as involving Edwards.
The documents Superior Court Judge Carl Fox ordered released Friday show a closed-door legal battle over Edwards refusing to answer some questions under oath.
One document shows the former U.S. Senator's attorney asked Fox to block further questioning by Young's lawyers that "unreasonably annoy, embarrass, or oppress" Edwards.
Fox will sit in as Edwards is asked the questions again in a closed court on June 20. Hunter's privacy lawsuit is scheduled for trial in October.
john edwards, north carolina, national/world
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 46 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
46 min ago
- Dad ditches stroller to catch baseball, son...
14 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos