Ex-IMF chief gets bail in NYC sex-assault case
NEW YORK (AP) - May 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Former International Monetary Fund leader Dominique Strauss-Kahn will return to a New York City jail pending his release on bail.
Strauss-Kahn is charged with trying to rape a hotel maid and is likely to spend one more night at Rikers Island jail.
A judge set bail at $1 million Thursday, and approved an elaborate arrangement under which the 62-year-old diplomat and banker would be confined to a private apartment in Manhattan and monitored by armed guards.
Strauss-Kahn will also have to take out a $5 million insurance bond.
Prosecutors have said he should remain behind bars.
Strauss-Kahn resigned his IMF post late Wednesday.
new york, sex assault, national/world
- School Closings & Delays
- Tracking More Snow 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man abducted, robbed and shot in Rhawnhurst 37 min ago
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Tracking More Snow
19 min ago
- Katherine Scott reports on the storm...
3 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos