Cindy Anthony returns to witness stand
ORLANDO, Fla. - May 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The mother of a Florida woman charged with killing her toddler has returned to the witness stand on the sixth day of testimony in the murder trial.
Cindy Anthony testified Tuesday that her daughter, Casey Anthony, refused to come home for several weeks in the summer of 2008. Cindy Anthony told jurors that Casey Anthony told her in a phone conversation in early July 2008 that she needed space, and that's why she had stayed away with her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.
Prosecutors allege that Caylee Anthony was last seen several weeks earlier and that Casey Anthony waited a whole month before reporting the girl missing.
Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder. Defense attorneys say the little girl died in an accidental drowning in the family's swimming pool.
casey anthony, trial, homicide, orlando, florida, child death, national/world
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- Storm Tracker 6 and AccuWeather
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load 23 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Firing of school official in dog waste incident overturned 42 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by...
23 min ago