Cindy Anthony returns to witness stand
ORLANDO, Fla. - May 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- The mother of a Florida woman charged with killing her toddler has returned to the witness stand on the sixth day of testimony in the murder trial.
Cindy Anthony testified Tuesday that her daughter, Casey Anthony, refused to come home for several weeks in the summer of 2008. Cindy Anthony told jurors that Casey Anthony told her in a phone conversation in early July 2008 that she needed space, and that's why she had stayed away with her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.
Prosecutors allege that Caylee Anthony was last seen several weeks earlier and that Casey Anthony waited a whole month before reporting the girl missing.
Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder. Defense attorneys say the little girl died in an accidental drowning in the family's swimming pool.
casey anthony, trial, homicide, orlando, florida, child death, national/world
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 7 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 6 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 54 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar