Jurors in Anthony trial watch jail videos of mom
ORLANDO, Fla. - June 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jurors watched another video recording of a jailhouse visit Casey Anthony had with her parents in late July 2008 as her murder trial entered its ninth day.
In the recording shown Friday morning, Anthony told her parents her "heart is aching" because she wanted to be home with them and with Caylee. She is charged with killing Caylee in the summer of 2008. The child's body was found later that year.
If convicted, Anthony could be sentenced to death. She has pleaded not guilty. Her defense attorney says Caylee died in an accidental drowning in the family's swimming pool. The prosecution says the child was suffocated after duct tape was placed over her mouth.
Prosecutors say they expect to reach the halfway point of their case on Saturday.
casey anthony, trial, homicide, orlando, florida, child death, national/world
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 28 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 30 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 22 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
22 min ago
- Suspicious package found outside Planet...
30 min ago