Jurors in Anthony trial watch jail videos of mom
ORLANDO, Fla. - June 3, 2011 (WPVI) -- Jurors watched another video recording of a jailhouse visit Casey Anthony had with her parents in late July 2008 as her murder trial entered its ninth day.
In the recording shown Friday morning, Anthony told her parents her "heart is aching" because she wanted to be home with them and with Caylee. She is charged with killing Caylee in the summer of 2008. The child's body was found later that year.
If convicted, Anthony could be sentenced to death. She has pleaded not guilty. Her defense attorney says Caylee died in an accidental drowning in the family's swimming pool. The prosecution says the child was suffocated after duct tape was placed over her mouth.
Prosecutors say they expect to reach the halfway point of their case on Saturday.
casey anthony, trial, homicide, orlando, florida, child death, national/world
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!