Cindy Anthony: 'I searched for Chloroform'
ORLANDO, Fla. - June 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- The mother of a Florida woman accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter is testifying about computer searches on a laptop at the family's home.
Casey Anthony's mother, Cindy, testified Thursday that she had used a computer at the family's Orlando home to do searches about chloroform.
Prosecutors contend that Casey Anthony searched about chloroform on the computer. Chloroform is a chemical compound that can be used to knock someone unconscious and it is also is found in human decomposition.
The body of Casey Anthony's daughter, Caylee, was found in December 2008, almost six months after she disappeared in Orlando. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder and has pleaded not guilty. She faces the death penalty if convicted.
casey anthony, trial, child death, homicide, orlando, florida, national/world
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ