Police: Pregnant woman raped during home invasion
CENTRAL FALLS, R.I. - June 28, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a Rhode Island woman who is seven months pregnant was raped at gunpoint during a home invasion and that her 9-year-old son witnessed the attack.
WLNE-TV reports the attack happened Saturday morning in Central Falls, R.I.
Police say the victim was asleep with her son when a man broke into her home. The station reports the man pointed a gun at the woman's mouth, tied her up and raped her. The woman told the station her son saw "everything."
Police Capt. James Mendonca says the mother managed to get her son out of the bedroom and out of harm's way.
WLNE reports a suspect is under arrest.
Police did not immediately return a message from The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Information from: WLNE-TV
rhode island, rape, home invasion, national/world
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot in Wilmington 29 min ago
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton 17 min ago
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition