Clinton: Gadhafi threats won't deter NATO mission
MADRID (AP) -July 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- The United States and Spain say they won't let Moammar Gadhafi's threats of attacks against Europe deter their mission to protect Libyan civilians and force him to leave power.
To do that, Clinton told reporters, the Libyan strongman should leave power.
Spain's foreign minister, Trinidad Jimenez, says countries will continue to exert pressure on Gadhafi to eliminate the threat his forces pose to Libyan civilians.
Gadhafi says Libya will attack Europe unless NATO halts its campaign against his regime.
hillary clinton, nato, national/world
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies 33 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire 20 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ