Anthony sentence allows her to go free July 17
ORLANDO, Fla. - July 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Florida say Casey Anthony will be freed July 17, not Wednesday as previously announced, as a result of a recalculation of the time she has served.
Orange County corrections spokesman Allen Moore announced the new release date in a press release Thursday night. He said it was based on a "detailed recalculation" following a judge's sentencing of Anthony for lying to authorities about the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The 25-year-old Anthony was acquitted by a jury Tuesday of killing her daughter.Judge Belvin Perry on Thursday gave her the maximum sentence of four years for four convictions of lying to authorities. He denied a defense request to combine the misdemeanor counts, which could have made her eligible for immediate release.
casey anthony, florida, trial, homicide, orlando, child death, national/world
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ