Anthony sentence allows her to go free July 17
ORLANDO, Fla. - July 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Florida say Casey Anthony will be freed July 17, not Wednesday as previously announced, as a result of a recalculation of the time she has served.
Orange County corrections spokesman Allen Moore announced the new release date in a press release Thursday night. He said it was based on a "detailed recalculation" following a judge's sentencing of Anthony for lying to authorities about the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The 25-year-old Anthony was acquitted by a jury Tuesday of killing her daughter.Judge Belvin Perry on Thursday gave her the maximum sentence of four years for four convictions of lying to authorities. He denied a defense request to combine the misdemeanor counts, which could have made her eligible for immediate release.
casey anthony, florida, trial, homicide, orlando, child death, national/world
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- SUVs collide in Torresdale, 1 seriously injured
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 36 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 16 min ago
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe 29 min ago
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears 22 min ago
- Woods: Garcia comment hurtful, time to move on
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
36 min ago