Anthony sentence allows her to go free July 17
ORLANDO, Fla. - July 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Florida say Casey Anthony will be freed July 17, not Wednesday as previously announced, as a result of a recalculation of the time she has served.
Orange County corrections spokesman Allen Moore announced the new release date in a press release Thursday night. He said it was based on a "detailed recalculation" following a judge's sentencing of Anthony for lying to authorities about the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The 25-year-old Anthony was acquitted by a jury Tuesday of killing her daughter.Judge Belvin Perry on Thursday gave her the maximum sentence of four years for four convictions of lying to authorities. He denied a defense request to combine the misdemeanor counts, which could have made her eligible for immediate release.
casey anthony, florida, trial, homicide, orlando, child death, national/world
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 15 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 39 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 51 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 47 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
47 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos