Anthony sentence allows her to go free July 17
ORLANDO, Fla. - July 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Florida say Casey Anthony will be freed July 17, not Wednesday as previously announced, as a result of a recalculation of the time she has served.
Orange County corrections spokesman Allen Moore announced the new release date in a press release Thursday night. He said it was based on a "detailed recalculation" following a judge's sentencing of Anthony for lying to authorities about the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The 25-year-old Anthony was acquitted by a jury Tuesday of killing her daughter.Judge Belvin Perry on Thursday gave her the maximum sentence of four years for four convictions of lying to authorities. He denied a defense request to combine the misdemeanor counts, which could have made her eligible for immediate release.
casey anthony, florida, trial, homicide, orlando, child death, national/world
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada 10 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 17 min ago
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial 17 min ago
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
17 min ago