Anthony sentence allows her to go free July 17
ORLANDO, Fla. - July 7, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities in Florida say Casey Anthony will be freed July 17, not Wednesday as previously announced, as a result of a recalculation of the time she has served.
Orange County corrections spokesman Allen Moore announced the new release date in a press release Thursday night. He said it was based on a "detailed recalculation" following a judge's sentencing of Anthony for lying to authorities about the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. The 25-year-old Anthony was acquitted by a jury Tuesday of killing her daughter.Judge Belvin Perry on Thursday gave her the maximum sentence of four years for four convictions of lying to authorities. He denied a defense request to combine the misdemeanor counts, which could have made her eligible for immediate release.
casey anthony, florida, trial, homicide, orlando, child death, national/world
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 54 min ago
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ