Casey Anthony feels pressure as release nears
ORLANDO, Fla. - July 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- When hundreds of volunteers fanned out across central Florida in the summer of 2008, they had an urgent mission: find Caylee Anthony. What they didn't know was that the two-year-old was already dead. According to her mother, Casey Anthony, she had drowned in the family pool.
On Wednesday, Anthony was served in jail by the group who organized the search for Caylee Anthony. Equusearch, a Texas-based search and recovery team, wants her to pay the $112,000 spent looking for the toddler.
"This is the money that really needed to go to families that need us," said Tim Miller of Equusearch. "While we were doing that search, we were so involved, we had several families that called in and really needed our help. And we had to turn them down."
Anthony will be released from jail this Sunday and what her future holds has been fodder for headlines.
The Chicago Sun Times has said that Casey Anthony will live in disguise and The Washington Post is saying that she may change her name for protection.
On Tuesday, the investigators and prosecutors who spent three grueling years building a case against Anthony defended their investigation.
"As a father and grandfather, I have a 3 year-old granddaughter -- it is disturbing to me," said Sheriff Jerry Demings. "I wouldn't wish what happened to her on any parent."
Alongside the team is a giant poster of little Caylee, a strong reminder of who the real victim in this case is.
casey anthony, florida, child death, national/world
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 59 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 28 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76 26 min ago
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 27 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate...
57 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
45 min ago