2nd break-in at 'Late Show' theater in NYC
NEW YORK - July 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 42-year-old aspiring musician hurled a newspaper box through the recently repaired doors of the Ed Sullivan Theater where the "Late Show With David Letterman" is filmed, days after another man did the same thing, police said Thursday.
Alvin Moore, of Sebring, Fla., has been arrested on charges of burglary and criminal mischief and was accused of doing $1,500 worth of damage, and tussling with a security guard, police said. He suffered minor injuries when he was whacked on the head with a golf club the security guard had used to arm himself at around 1 a.m. Thursday.
He has been treated and released, police said.
Moore told authorities he was angry the CBS late-night host had not responded to several demo tapes he had sent. He also told investigators that he was aware the theater had been trashed earlier this week and thought he could get attention, police said.
In the first incident, James Whittemore, 22, was arrested Sunday on charges he smashed through the theater doors in a drunken rage, police said. He was arraigned on the charges, accused of doing $5,000 worth of damage.
His attorney says the thespian was drunk and doesn't recall the incident.
The same repair man was at the scene Thursday to fix the doors a second time.
The fabled theater was home to the "Ed Sullivan Show."
new york city, david letterman, national/world
- Amber Alert issued for missing Pottsville teen 15 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire 3 min ago
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- Dozens rescued from flooded San Antonio area 56 min ago
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila....
3 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos