Casey Anthony lawyer receiving threatening calls
SANFORD, Fla. - July 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The wife of one of Casey Anthony's attorneys tells authorities that their family has gotten numerous harassing phone calls and that their home number was posted on Facebook.
The wife of lawyer Cheney Mason told a dispatcher for the Seminole County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday that she's worried for their safety and has been recording calls and messages and taking notes, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Shirley Mason said callers have left voice mails stating that Anthony "can run but she can't hide" and warning that Mason and attorney Jose Baez "better sleep with one eye open."
On July 5, 25-year-old Anthony was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. She left the Orange County Jail early Sunday with Baez and has not been seen in public since.
florida, casey anthony, national/world
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos