Casey Anthony lawyer receiving threatening calls
SANFORD, Fla. - July 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- The wife of one of Casey Anthony's attorneys tells authorities that their family has gotten numerous harassing phone calls and that their home number was posted on Facebook.
The wife of lawyer Cheney Mason told a dispatcher for the Seminole County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday that she's worried for their safety and has been recording calls and messages and taking notes, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
Shirley Mason said callers have left voice mails stating that Anthony "can run but she can't hide" and warning that Mason and attorney Jose Baez "better sleep with one eye open."
On July 5, 25-year-old Anthony was found not guilty of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. She left the Orange County Jail early Sunday with Baez and has not been seen in public since.
florida, casey anthony, national/world
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 41 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 59 min ago
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom 9 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine