Judge asked to unseal Casey Anthony case documents
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A newspaper is asking a Florida judge to make public most of the sealed documents from the trial of Casey Anthony, who left jail last month after being acquitted of a murder charge in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.
The Orlando Sentinel filed a request Tuesday for all sealed documents except the jurors' list. It said documents sought include a list of how defense attorneys spent about $200,000 before Anthony was declared indigent and taxpayers then footed her legal bills.
Anthony disappeared from public view after a jury acquitted her in the death of her daughter Caylee.
But she may have to return to Orlando later this week after a judge said Anthony, now that she has been released, must serve a year of probation involving check fraud charges in an unrelated case.
Casey's atttorneys filed a motion Thursday afternoon seeking to stop efforts to compel her return to Orlando. Her lawyers stated in the motion, filed in an Orange County court, that the judge cannot amend an order more than 60 days after the original order was signed.
florida, orlando, casey anthony, national/world
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 6 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 41 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 6 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
6 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
6 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos