Judge asked to unseal Casey Anthony case documents
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - August 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- A newspaper is asking a Florida judge to make public most of the sealed documents from the trial of Casey Anthony, who left jail last month after being acquitted of a murder charge in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.
The Orlando Sentinel filed a request Tuesday for all sealed documents except the jurors' list. It said documents sought include a list of how defense attorneys spent about $200,000 before Anthony was declared indigent and taxpayers then footed her legal bills.
Anthony disappeared from public view after a jury acquitted her in the death of her daughter Caylee.
But she may have to return to Orlando later this week after a judge said Anthony, now that she has been released, must serve a year of probation involving check fraud charges in an unrelated case.
Casey's atttorneys filed a motion Thursday afternoon seeking to stop efforts to compel her return to Orlando. Her lawyers stated in the motion, filed in an Orange County court, that the judge cannot amend an order more than 60 days after the original order was signed.
florida, orlando, casey anthony, national/world
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing 37 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash
- Woman's body found in Berks County 31 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 7 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser