Polygamist heard on tape training girls for sex
SAN ANGELO, Texas (AP) - August 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Both sides have rested in the sentencing phase of convicted polygamist leader Warren Jeffs.
After prosecutors rested early Monday evening, the defense rested as well without calling any witnesses.
Jeffs faces life in prison after being convicted by the same jury last week of sexually assaulting two of his "brides," who were 12 and 15.
Earlier in the day, Jeffs was heard softly telling five girls to "set aside all your inhibitions" as he gave child brides instructions on how to please him sexually during a graphic 10-minute tape played for the jury.
An FBI agent testified that the 2004 audiotape preceded Jeffs having sex at the same time with all the girls, who were 15 and younger.
texas, sex offenders, national/world
- At least 11 hurt in East Harlem building explosion 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 59 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station...
- Sandusky's wife: Victims manipulated over money 36 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- Carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase 26 min ago
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Triple shooting leaves 1 dead in West Oak...
8 min ago
- Family of 5 escapes house fire in New...
4 min ago