8 injured from lightning at Fla SeaWorld
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - August 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say eight people have been injured by a lightning strike at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove water park in Orlando.
SeaWorld spokesman Nick Gollattscheck says none of Tuesday afternoon's injuries were life-threatening. He says three guests and five employees were hurt but none were hit directly by lightning.
Gollattscheck says all were taken to hospitals as a precaution. He says they were all conscious and alert. He says none of those affected were in the water.
orlando, florida, lightning, national/world
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse 3 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 15 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 2 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 1 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater...
3 min ago
More 6abc.com resources
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos