8 injured from lightning at Fla SeaWorld
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - August 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say eight people have been injured by a lightning strike at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove water park in Orlando.
SeaWorld spokesman Nick Gollattscheck says none of Tuesday afternoon's injuries were life-threatening. He says three guests and five employees were hurt but none were hit directly by lightning.
Gollattscheck says all were taken to hospitals as a precaution. He says they were all conscious and alert. He says none of those affected were in the water.
orlando, florida, lightning, national/world
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies