8 injured from lightning at Fla SeaWorld
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - August 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say eight people have been injured by a lightning strike at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove water park in Orlando.
SeaWorld spokesman Nick Gollattscheck says none of Tuesday afternoon's injuries were life-threatening. He says three guests and five employees were hurt but none were hit directly by lightning.
Gollattscheck says all were taken to hospitals as a precaution. He says they were all conscious and alert. He says none of those affected were in the water.
orlando, florida, lightning, national/world
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online 34 min ago
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 17 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 44 min ago
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 11 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc 4 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del. 8 min ago
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage 6 min ago
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom