8 injured from lightning at Fla SeaWorld
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - August 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- Officials say eight people have been injured by a lightning strike at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove water park in Orlando.
SeaWorld spokesman Nick Gollattscheck says none of Tuesday afternoon's injuries were life-threatening. He says three guests and five employees were hurt but none were hit directly by lightning.
Gollattscheck says all were taken to hospitals as a precaution. He says they were all conscious and alert. He says none of those affected were in the water.
orlando, florida, lightning, national/world
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 5 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 4 min ago